The University of Texas Medical Branch
- Drinking light or moderate amounts of alcohol may protect your health Monday, August, 2017 The UTMB Newsroom
- Lungs in space: UTMB and Houston Methodist Research Project Could Lead to New Lung Therapeutics Friday, August, 2017 The UTMB Newsroom
- Laboratorians: behind the scenes detectives Friday, August, 2017 The UTMB Newsroom
- What are the best ways to diagnose and manage asthma? Tuesday, July, 2017 The UTMB Newsroom
- Zika vaccine protects fetus against infection and birth defects Thursday, July, 2017 The UTMB Newsroom
Aug Nursing- Medical-Surgical Shared Leadership Council
Time: 7:15 AM – 8:00 AM
Location: Jennie Sealy 10.926
UTMB Calendar Event
Nursing- Medical-Surgical Shared Leadership Council
The Medical-Surgical Department Shared Leadership meets the last Tuesday of the month from 0715- 0800.
Goals of the council for FY 2016-2018 were:
1) Assist in reaching Best Care
2) Decrease Falls
3) Community Outreach- participate/ organize 5 community outreach projects per fiscal year
4) Retention- to monitor turnover
August 29th, 2017
September 26th, 2017
October 31st, 2017
November 28th, 2017
No meeting in December.
January 30th, 2018
February 27th, 2018
Skype participation is available.
Department: Adult Patient Care Services
Aug Time-Out Session for Caregivers and Families-
Time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Location: Jennie Sealy 2.506 Conference Room
UTMB Calendar Event
Time-Out Session for Caregivers and Families-
August 30th Session
2pm in Jennie Sealy 2.506A
Presenter: Sarah Linde, LMSW and Angie Gomez, LMSW from UTMB s Community Health Program
Topic: How to Access Community Resources
Overview: As we move through our lives, different challenges and needs tend to arise. Sometimes we can handle these challenges with our own resources and sometimes community resources are helpful. Come by and learn about identifying and accessing community resources that might benefit you and your family.
Please encourage caregivers, family members and patients to attend!
Time-Out is a weekly educational/support session for caregivers and family members of UTMB patients, to support them in their adjustment and maintenance of their caregiving role. These sessions will not be tied to a specific diagnosis- all caregivers and family members are welcome. The hope is that these sessions will provide a chance for them to have time out to relieve some stress, have a little fun, build on care giving skills, decrease burnout and affirm that they are not alone in the role of caregiving.
These sessions are facilitated by UTMB students and staff and will occur every Wednesday at 2pm in Jennie Sealy 2.506A. Sessions will last around 30 minutes and will address topics that falls into the following categories: Relaxation, Self-Care, Discharge Planning and Medical Topics.