Due to various factors, including complex hardware configurations and regulatory compliance requirements, some physical servers and workstations cannot be virtualized. And everyday occurrences such as lapses in connectivity, hardware failures, file corruption even ransomware or theft can leave an organization s data at risk.
NEW Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows solves these issues and also closes the gap that some enterprises face with large, heterogeneous environments and further enables workload mobility by delivering Availability for cloud-based workloads.
No feature limitations for 30 days
For current Veeam customers — no limitations
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is built on the extremely successful Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE and includes two brand new editions Workstation and Server with additional features designed to ensure the Availability of your Windows workloads by providing backup and recovery for physical and cloud-based workloads, as well as endpoint devices that belong to remote users.
With Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. you get:
- Enterprise-level backup and recovery: Get complete protection for both workstations and Windows physical servers even those running in the cloud including full application awareness
- Physical backups off site: Back up Windows-based workloads off site to a cloud service provider through Veeam Cloud Connect
- Protection of roaming endpoints: Meet RPOs for laptops and tablets outside the corporate network
- And much more!
Part of the Veeam Availability Platform
Veeam Backup Replication provides fast, flexible and reliable recovery of fully virtualized VMs and data running on-premises or in private cloud architectures. Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows. however, is another key component of the Veeam Availability Platform and should be used for workloads that Veeam Backup Replication cannot protect, such as:
- Desktops, laptops and tablets
- Physical servers running on-premises
- Cloud-based workloads running in Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and other public clouds
- VMs running on-premises with physical raw device mapping disks (pRDM) or on non-ESXi/Hyper-V hosts (e.g. KVM, etc.)
- File-level backup to disk
Upgrade with confidence
Full support for the latest Microsoft operating systems
Stay on the cutting edge with the latest offerings from Microsoft, knowing that Veeam has you covered! Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows supports Windows 7 SP1 10 and has been certified by Microsoft as Windows 10 compatible! It also offers full support for Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, 2012 R2 and 2016 NEW .
To learn more about hardware and software requirements, please review the product data sheet or User Guide .
24.7.365 technical support
Workstation and Server editions of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows also include our industry-leading, enterprise-class 24.7.365 technical support NEW. meaning you can get the help you need exactly when you need it!
Enterprise-level backup and recovery
Built on proven Veeam technology
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows Server edition adds the same, proven guest processing engine found in Veeam Backup Replication, which helps bring the power and flexibility you need to ensure Availability for your physical Windows workstations and servers through:
- Active full backups NEW. Meet your company policies by scheduling periodic active full Windows backups in the backup job settings
- Application-aware processing 1 NEW. Create application-consistent backups with advanced, application-aware processing (including transaction log truncation)
- File indexing and search 1 NEW. A catalog of files enables effortless search of individual files so you can find and restore a file without knowing its precise location or when it was deleted
- Instant Recovery to Microsoft Hyper-V VM NEW. Quickly restore service to users by starting a VM directly from agent backup file
- Integration with Veeam Backup Replication 2. Take full advantage of Veeam backup repositories as target locations for your Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows backup jobs
- Server-specific scheduling and retention 1 NEW. Advanced scheduling options and server-based retention logic to protect most critical server applications, including Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server, Oracle and file servers
- Synthetic full backups NEW. Eliminate the need for a periodic full Windows backup by creating forever-incremental backups that save time and storage
- Transaction log backup for databases 1 NEW. Achieve low RPOs for Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases
- And more!
Get physical backups off site
Leverage the hybrid cloud
While more and more organizations are hosting workloads in the public cloud including hyperscale public clouds like Microsoft Azure and AWS there is still a need for a Windows backup and recovery tool that has the power and features you need, is easy to use and fits within your budget.
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows delivers on all of these with:
- Back up off site through Veeam Cloud Connect NEW. Get your backups off site to the cloud with fully integrated, fast and secure backup, and restore functionality through a Veeam-powered service provider of your choice
- Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure NEW. Restore or migrate on-premises, Windows-based physical servers and endpoints directly into Microsoft Azure
- Source-side encryption NEW. Secure backup data and network transfers with source-side encryption but without any negative impact on backup processing
Learn more about Veeam Cloud Connect and Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure
Endpoint protection for your entire workforce
Availability anywhere in the office, at home or on the go
Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows is great for endpoint devices whether they re in the office, at home or on the road. However, ensuring Availability for remote users outside the corporate network can be a significant challenge one that puts an enormous amount of vital business data at risk, especially when help isn t always right around the corner.
Fortunately, Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows helps organizations overcome many everyday challenges such as lapses in connectivity, hardware failures, file corruption even ransomware or theft that can impact employees no matter where they are, including:
- CryptoLocker protection for USB devices. Protect backup files residing on USB-based backup storage from potential CryptoLocker-type threats by automatically ejecting the backup storage immediately after a successful backup is completed
- Endpoint protection for mobile users NEW. Back up to a local cache when the target is not available and sync with your cached backups once the connection has been reestablished
- Workstation-specific scheduling and retention NEW. User friendly scheduling options and retention based on days of successful backups.
- And more!
Remote configuration and management
A Windows backup solution that grows with your business
Workstation and Server editions of Veeam Agent for Microsoft Windows include a remote configuration and management API NEW which helps you deploy and configure agents with the help of a simple command line interface.
We provide a tool that allows the local agent s configuration to be exported to an XML file, which can then be used for a silent deployment of pre-configured agents using whatever remote deployment tool you are using for software distribution in your environment today logon scripts, Group Policy, System Center Configuration Manager or multiple existing third-party tools. As an administrator, you can even brand the interface using the white-label option so that employees and tenants can see they’re being protected by a familiar and trusted advisor.
Backup as a Service (BaaS) for the entire environment
Veeam Cloud Service Providers (VCSP) partners can include Windows cloud backup with their overall offerings to customers. And using the Veeam Backup Replication console, VCSPs can manage Windows backups alongside their customers other Veeam backups.
1 Server edition only
2 Requires Veeam Backup Replication 9.5 Update 2